Dear PhD candidates and students,
You speak German and have been studying Earth Sciences for at least 4 semesters or have already finished your studies (with Earth Sciences as your major or minor)?
If yes, would you be interested in doing temporary work at focusTerra?
Following tasks await you:
- Attendance, visitor assistance and guided tours (earthquakes and permanent exhibition) at the museum for 6 hours on Sundays (10.00 to 16.00).
- Guided tours of the museum (1.5 hours each). Most booked tours are on earthquakes and the earthquake simulator.
- Attendance at events and special exhibitions
- Earth Sciences as major or minor since 4 semesters or PhD
- In case of foreign nationality: Residence and work permit for Switzerland (currently living in Switzerland)
- Good German skills, additional languages are beneficial (mainly English, French, Italian)
- Friendly nature, interest in meeting new people, punctuality, reliability
- Ability to work for focusTerra for at least 1 year
What we offer:
You will be introduced to the exhibition, the earthquake simulator and the topic of the guided tour. You can choose how much you want to work: we will contact you about specific events or guided tours and you can respond to our request or not. However, we expect staff members to take an active part in our work and sign up for tasks on a regular basis. Payment is based on the teaching assistant wage of ETH Zurich.
How to apply:
If we were able to spark your interest, please apply by sending us the following information:
- Last name, first name
- Birth date
- Residence permit (in case of foreign nationality please include a copy of your residence permit)
- Phone number (home, mobile and office)
- Office (building and room)
- E-mail address (if possible ETH or UZH)
- Semester (BSc, MSc, year)
- Main focus of degree programme or PhD thesis
- Employee number (if you are already employed at ETH Zurich)
- During what time period can you work for focusTerra (absences due to field work, exchange year, master thesis etc.)?
- In what languages could you give guided tours (German is mandatory)?
- Please include a short motivation letter, about 10 sentences, explaining why you would like to work at focusTerra.
If you are interested, please contact: